- How does it work for business owners?
- Is Yell good for advertising?
- What does Yell Business offer?
- Connecting business owners with customers
- Yell Business partners and collective expertise
- Yell Business makes local digital marketing simple and accessible
- Yell’s unrivalled local knowledge
- Websites from Yell Business
- Business listings on Yell.com
- Reputation management and Yell.com Reviews
- Blended advertising solution through Smart Performance
- Yell Frequently Asked Questions
How does it work for business owners?
Yell Business is the business-to-business side of Yell, which offers a Yell.com listing to business owners for free.
Yell.com evolved from the iconic Yellow Pages brand, which was produced for 50 years as a printed book of business listings. To move with the times, Yell stopped printing the Yellow Pages directory in 2019 and shifted all its services online.
Today Yell offers:
- Yell Business – a one-stop shop for local digital marketing.
- Yell.com – the online business directory website with more than 2.9 million business listings.
Is Yell good for advertising?
Yell.com is the ideal platform to advertise your business, offering all UK businesses a listing on Yell.com, absolutely free. Part of this includes Yell Reviews, which helps business owners grow their online reputation.
Yell Business is the next step for companies that want to improve their online presence and attract more new customers.
Think of Yell Business as a one-stop shop of digital marketing services to help you achieve your business goals in an accessible and cost-effective way.
What does Yell Business offer?
At Yell Business we build, manage and optimise digital marketing programmes for companies.
Your aim as a business – no matter the sector – is to look good online. This means that when customers find your website and information, they assess your business as trustworthy and a good option for their needs.
At Yell, we can help you get your business into this position and stand out from your competition.
Connecting business owners with customers
Yell has been connecting customers with businesses for more than half a century through the Yellow Pages and Yell.com business listings.
Over the last 15 years, we’ve built on this experience using cutting edge tech solutions, which together have helped make Yell No. 1 for managed digital marketing services for all types of business in the UK (M-Brain 2019).
We offer everything from managed Google and Facebook advertising to messaging services, website design & build, and much more. And our friendly, knowledgeable team of experts is on hand with advice and assistance to guide businesses through the whole process.
Yell Business partners and collective expertise
We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of UK businesses get the most out of their online presence for many years.
We understand just how much time and effort it can be to get effective digital marketing programmes off the ground. And we also know that particularly for small businesses, finding this time and acquiring the necessary skills can be a struggle.
Yell Business has everything necessary to do just that, and our team will work with your business every step of the way. The result? The kind of online presence that gets the results you want, while saving time, stress, resource and money.
Yell works with a number of leading tech companies in order to get these results including:
- Advertising solutions with Facebook, Microsoft, Google and Wix.
- Syndication of Yell.com listings via Apple, Microsoft Bing and Amazon Alexa, so that as many potential customers as possible can find businesses when searching online.
- One of the biggest Google Partners in the country, which underlines our proven, verified skills expertise with Google Ads.
- A certified Microsoft Advertising Elite Channel Partner programme, which recognises our expertise within the general search advertising sector and of Microsoft Advertising solutions.
- An official Facebook Business Partner since 2020, a status awarded to companies that meet Facebook’s highest standards of performance and service.
- A major data provider for Apple, which massively expands the online reach of Yell.com listings through Apple Maps and Spotlight Search via iPad and iPhone. This also means Yell.com customers can message businesses listed on the Yell network via Apple Business Chat.
- A provider of business listings from Yell.com to Alexa, Amazon’s virtual assistant. This means that businesses with a listing on Yell.com can appear in results when consumers conduct voice searches for businesses using Alexa.
- A data provider to Microsoft to expand the digital reach of Yell.com business listings, which appear all across the Bing service network, including Microsoft’s virtual assistant Cortana and on Maps.
Yell Business makes local digital marketing simple and accessible
Everything we do aims to help businesses thrive online while saving business owners precious time, resources and money.
Yell Business’ innovative advertising and digital marketing solutions work seamlessly to get businesses as many leads as possible and ultimately more customers.
Yell Business currently has:
- Nearly 100,000 customers.
- 3 million business listings on Yell.com.
- Built over 36,000 live websites for its customers.
- Seen 125,000 downloads of the Yell for Business app.
Yell’s unrivalled local knowledge
For more than half a century, Yell has supported UK businesses across all industry sectors and across all regions of the country. We know what it takes for small local businesses to stand out in a crowded and competitive marketplace.
And as you can see from our working partnerships with the best tech providers in the world (listed above), we also offer the most cutting-edge digital solutions available.
Above all, we’ve crafted solutions for digital marketing and online advertising that are easily accessible for busy business owners. Our customers can manage their Yell Business services and Yell.com account from their desktop, mobile device, or on the go via the Yell for Business app.
Websites from Yell Business
Building a successful online presence starts with your business website. It’s now essential for businesses to have a slick, professional and modern website offering everything that consumers expect.
Yell Business solutions are designed to help businesses stand out online and be selected by the consumer over their competition.
- Websites – by combining Yell’s digital expertise with one of the best-known web development platforms in the world (Wix), we can build the perfect website complete with mobile optimisation.
- Ecommerce websites – we can create online shops with total eCommerce functionality through Yell Smart Websites. Again, powered by Wix, these are ideal for businesses wanting to join the online retail revolution, allowing them to sell 24/7, every day of the year.
Business listings on Yell.com
Yell offers free business listings to businesses of any size and across any UK region (except the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands). The listings are on Yell.com, which also incorporates our Yell Reviews platform.
By working with the likes of Amazon, Microsoft and Google, Yell also ensures that Yell.com listings can be found across wider online networks, and on average there are over 60 million total visits to businesses on Yell.com per month (this includes (a) direct visits to Yell.com and (b) searches for businesses via Yell’s content syndication partners, where Yell’s data was used in the search results provided, based on data between March-August 2021).
Reputation management and Yell.com Reviews
The Yell Reviews platform offers consumers the opportunity to review businesses listed on Yell.com. Reviews are available for everyone to see, and our business clients can gain valuable feedback and use them to build their online reputation.
Business reputation management is a product that helps you control your online presence, understand where and how you’re visible and managing what customers think and feel about your business or brand.
Blended advertising solution through Smart Performance
Yell can help businesses with their digital marketing every step of the way, and that includes tracking and optimising the ongoing performance of online advertising campaigns.
We’ve come up with a unique blended advertising solution that helps to drive customers to your business website in greater numbers. After all, a great website is no use if no-one is visiting it.
To help businesses get the most out of their digital marketing investment, Yell’s Smart Performance solution to attract more customers includes:
- Social media advertising – across popular channels including Facebook and Instagram.
- Display advertising – across website banner ads and apps across the Facebook Audience network and Google Display Network.
- Pay per click (PPC) – this promotes a business in relevant search results pages of Bing and Google to encourage browsing consumers to click on your company first.
Yell Frequently Asked Questions
We’re often asked the following questions by businesses considering working with us:
How do I get my business on Yell?
It’s easy and free to add your business to the three million listings on Yell.com. We’re the UK’s leading online business directory according to Similarweb.
How much is it to advertise on Yell?
A basic listing on Yell.com is free. You can also use the Yell Reviews platform at no charge.
We offer all businesses a listing on Yell.com for free, and as well as including the reviews platform, businesses can also activate Yell Messaging on their listing, and download the Yell for Business app to manage their listing and reviews.
Through the app or the Yell.com online account dashboard, businesses can invite customers via SMS or email to review them on their Yell.com listing.
All of this is free, but there are a number of paid options to help boost a business's visibility on Yell.com, along with other digital marketing services to enhance a business’s online presence and advertising.
Is it free to list on Yell?
Absolutely, it’s free to list a business on Yell.com. See above for everything that’s included at no charge.